It was a beautiful snow day here. (Beautiful as long as you didn’t have to go out in it!)
I’ve been putting off getting some mudcloth work done… so I used the day to play with the mud. A variety of silk scarves were waiting patiently, having been washed earlier, and became the canvasses for today. Used some orange, black and a mix of the two for a nice brown.
Now to let them sit and ‘cure’. These may become items for the Guild’s Fall Sale.
Penny, I haven’t forgotten your request for a larger view of the red scrumbled vest. I’m in a mulling over stage on the vest – what I really need is to see it on someone other than me in the mirror to see how it is fitting. I have a feeling it will need a bigger person to wear it well.
As the vest sits, I pulled out the large billum (string bag) that I started in PNG. The tummy muscles don’t mind my spinning and plying now so I’ve been making a bit of progress on that. Little bit by little bit.
And, I finally got around to ‘patching’ the holes in a couple pairs of handknit socks. One pair had their heels reknit and the other pair got a ‘sole’ of felt to cover over the holes. We’ll see how well they each hold up.